- fitting to Sprinter (906 + 907 with more effort) and Crafter < mj. 2017, not fitting to new Crafter mj 2017+ !
- right side: original thread bush is reinforced with support and 2 screws
- left side: completeley new parts inserted so you have two almost symmetric recovery points, both atteched directly to the frame
- max. load per side 7.5t when pulled straight
- per side 2 holes 12.5mm neccessary + opening in attached bumper, see pics of "Einbauanleitung..." pdf
- 907: on the right side the AdBlue tank has to be moved. It is not possible to drill for the foremost screw because there is a plate in the way from the outside. From the inside, 2 tubes must be moved away and for drilling there are some parts which have to be removed.
On the right side it is sufficient to use only the hindmost screw as the original welding seams take the rest of the load sufficiently. The inserted block has the main task to support the thread bushing against horizontal forces.
- always use a V-shaped additional load distributing belt or strap (length 3-4m) and use both hooks when perfoming offroad recovery!
- do never use metal shackles for attaching straps or to combine V-strap and recovery strap. Use soft shackles or direct connection with loop.
- with side load, turn both eyelets flat to pulling direction. ALWAYS use both eyelets! Pull gently first. Breaking load is considerably reduced with load under different, larger angles, no force limits can be named.
- Always use elastic recovery strap to reduce stress in parts
- follow general recovery advices, don't panic, take your time, get out of the range of snapping and flying parts
- some pictures are from the more edgy pre serial version
Installation manual (german) recovery point Crafter / Sprinter
Installtion manual (in german) for recovery points for Crafter/Sprinter
|Item weight:||4,15 kg|
|Breaking limit:||2x 7.5t|
|Condition of delivery :||single piece|
- 1 base parts left side, 66x30x150mm
- 1 support for right side 30x33x128mm
- 2 eyelet bolts M16
- 4 screws M12x90, 10.9 zinc plated
- 1 drilling template
- 1 hole cover rubber